Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Feeling Old...

Growing old is frightening.

I've always thought that people grow old gracefully. I guess I'm the exemption to the rule.

Every year since I turned 40 and right around my birthday, the inevitable happened.

...heartburn became constant, pepto bismol became a regular companion...
...vision turned blurred, reading glasses needed...
...persistent gray hairs kept popping out, frequent hair coloring a necessary consequence...
...metabolism got slower, exercise is a constant struggle
...battling the buldge, meant non-stop dieting...
...eye bags showing, under eye makeup a must...
...knees sometimes buckle, extra vitamin regimen added ...

I just had a birthday. True enough, something gave....

This morning I was getting milk out of the ref. As I lifted it, I felt a searing pain in the back of my hand. The weight of the milk carton was more than I could handle, it almost fell I had to catch it with my other hand.

This year...it's my hand grip...

I am only in my mid 40's but I fear the thought of growing old.

When you're young you always thought you're invincible. Boy...was I wrong. Dead wrong!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View my page on Atheist Nexus

Hit Counter

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape