Sunday, April 16, 2006

My Dog Ate It!

I've lost the Easter bunny even before my youngest daughter was born. But I played along with the celebrations until she turned 12.

I remember how we used to paint eggs with pastel shades and loud colors. Sometimes we add glitter and other art form to make it stand out even more.

Ahh..egg hunting...

Doting grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles put different color papers which corresponds to a $ amount inside cheap plastic eggs bought at Wallmart and hide them in the park or someone's backyard - depending on where we celebrated Easter that year. (I've always protested about the plastic eggs, but was always out-voted). My daughters still tease me to this day on how I get more excited and usually yell at the top of my lungs for them to find "the yellow colored" eggs because that meant $20.00.

I must have been high on jelly beans!

Over the years, the Easter bunny must have grown old to become Roger Rabbit.

My thoughts...it'll probably go back to form if grand kids come along just for the heck of it. I hope they don't confuse that bunnies don't lay eggs? Hmm...

In the meantime, have your Happy Easter if you're a Christian - modern or fundamentalist, a Catholic or a branch or diversity (thereof) - conscious, unconscious, or just stringing along.

My Easter bunny? Canis meus id comedit!

1 Comments:

At 4/19/2006 05:54:00 AM, Blogger Maisha said...

wow!i was really enjoying (still am and always will for as long as i live) reading Quiteconfusing's blog.and now i have found you too.wow!let me sit back and enjoy your blogging then....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View my page on Atheist Nexus

Hit Counter

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape