Monday, July 10, 2006

Does Everyone Go Through Mid Life Crisis?

Pia, a friend from high school called me a while ago to catch up and compare notes on how life has been treating us. She said that she is experiencing a mid life crisis. If I remember my Psychology class, it was Carl Jung who first identified it. It's a combination of:

Depression
Boredom, exhaustion, or frantic energy
Self-questioning, especially on the purpose of life
Daydreaming
Greatly decreased or increased sexual desire
Sexual affairs, especially with someone much younger
Greatly decreased or increased ambition
Irritability or unexpected anger

I think I've always had 3 or 4 of these symptoms ever since I turned 30. Is it possible to experience it in your 30's? Since I experience a constant spiral of emotions, I guess mid life crisis is nothing new to me.

So she asked, how does one cure bouts of depression (which is a symptom of MLC)? For me, it's Reading, writing, movies, & nature. I've long known that whatever gets you through the day, whatever makes you happy, and in the words of my daughter, whatever floats your boat, go for it!

---------------------

Life is too short. When we're dead, that's it! No heaven, no hell, no reincarnation, no meeting your creator. There's nothing after that! Period!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View my page on Atheist Nexus

Hit Counter

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape