Sunday, June 25, 2006

3rd Degree Closet Atheist

Religious fanatics say that Atheists are evil because they do not have a moral code and so they will be doomed to hell forever. If I don't believe in hell then whatever they say would not matter. Morality is dictated by men. What might have been immoral a century ago is already acceptable today. While some Atheists equate that religious people are a non-thinking lot, I just believe that this is due to being taught and brainwashed as children by our parents, or by people who cared and loved us and thought that it was in our best interest to do so, and society in general. And being brainwashed by my Catholic upbringing, it was hard for me to question these teachings at first because I was confused for a long time. Imagine having been raised in a country where turbid mixture of rabid Catholic faith, bizarre superstition, folklore and supernaturalism deteriorates into a fatalistic view of life. Until now, for me it all seem so hard to shake off.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View my page on Atheist Nexus

Hit Counter

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape