Saturday, March 01, 2008

"Because"

Ever heard of the adage, "people are so busy making a living that they forget to live?" This is so very me. My work has taken me from "Living." I am not complaining, it's either that or I stop enjoying all the UNnecessary things in life. Yeah!

Anyway, I read in the news that Dave Clark Five's lead singer, Mike Smith, died of pneumonia at the age of 64. I am somewhat a big fan of the song, "Because." That was the first song I ever taught my daughter, Jan, to sing. In fact I still have the tape when she sang it when she was 7 years old. Memories of when she was a child flood my thoughts whenever I hear that tape.

It dawned on me that even if I believe that there's nothing after we die, there's a certain legacy that people leave behind, no matter how, to some, it might seem insignificant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View my page on Atheist Nexus

Hit Counter

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape