Monday, October 01, 2007

I am Free!

I am a Dawkins fan. I first read his book, "A Blind Watchmaker," in late 1988 when I was pregnant with my second daughter. Like Darwin's "The Origin of Species," it was not an easy read if you have been fed with creationism bullshit ever since you can remember. However, Dawkins' book was a lot more interesting read and it peaked my curiosity and introduced me to a facinating world of natural selection. (At that time, I was so afraid I'd be sent to hell because I was reading a book against God. That was how fucked up I was, it instilled in me fear of an eye in the sky looking at my every movement, mistakes will send me to eternal damnation).

Although I was already doubting the existence of God, It took me another 3 years to finally admit that I do not believe in the existence of a god. It was a process of unlearning what you learned all those years and re-learning by way of thinking for yourself, to finally admit, "faith is the absence of reason" and the bible is actually just made up fables and mythology.

I don't know how many Atheists feel this way. I can only say, now I am free. I feel free. I have never been happier.

I posted this for me. However, if any of you just happen to stop by, I suggest you watch it.













1 Comments:

At 10/03/2007 02:37:00 PM, Blogger angelsdepart said...

Congrats on your de-conversion. These stories are always nice to see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View my page on Atheist Nexus

Hit Counter

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape