Friday, November 19, 2004

One Day at a Time

About 3 years ago, my sister in law, Len, was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and had mastectomy in her left breast. We thought that she was cured of that terrible C. She was 45 at the time. Last March, she informed us that her cancer metastesized to the lungs and abdomen. She is 48. She has cancer-stage 4. I felt stunned.

My father was a doctor. He told me that "once you lose your health, you lose everything." The quality of life along with it. I must be too young or too naive to even think about what it meant at that time. Words of wisdom are usually appreciated after 40.

I spoke to her and asked her how is she taking it? "One day at a time." She chuckled.

Life is precious. Life is short. And yes, to live life is beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View my page on Atheist Nexus

Hit Counter

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape